The Call for Proposals is NOW OPEN for the inaugural annual Global Youth Advancement Summit at Michigan State University, which will be held from June 11-13, 2019 in East Lansing, MI! Individuals between the ages of 18 - 35, of all nationalities, are eligible to submit proposals until November 25, 2018 at 11:59pm EST. Proposals should demonstrate delegates’ contribution to solutions that reduce Global Inequities in five key thematic areas: Arts and Culture, Education, the Environment, Healthcare, and Livelihoods (Employment and Entrepreneurship).
The summit seeks young people with innovative ideas, business ventures and social impact initiatives. Unlike many "youth focused" conferences, GYAS delegates will be at the helm, fully participating, and in fact driving, with support from faculty and industry mentors, all summit activities. Please review the preliminary agenda, which includes:
- - 1 ENTREPRENEURSHIP COMPETITION awarding seed funding to business ventures that offer ideas and solutions that can create positive change, break down barriers, and provide access and support to communities worldwide.
- - 3 MENTOR BREAKFASTS which match young people with mentors who are subject matter experts in related fields.
- - 5 INNOVATION LABS to equip delegates with the skills, tools and resources to tackle problems facing youth globally and to support sustainable and purposeful economic capacity for people and communities.
- - 10 TED-STYLE TALKS that allow young leaders to share inspirational and innovative ideas.
- - 5 WORKSHOPS, CASE STUDY PRESENTATIONS, and PANEL DISCUSSIONS across five tracks including: arts & culture, education, the environment, healthcare and livelihoods.
- - 1 VIRTUAL KNOWLEDGE CAFE that allows young leaders who are not able to make it to the summit to exchange ideas virtually.
- - 2 DEBATE SESSIONS to present thought-provoking arguments addressing global inequities.
- - 2 POSTER COMMUNITIES that showcase community experiences, research and promising practices.
- - 1 VENTURE CAPITALIST SESSION that allows young leaders to learn from investors.
- - 3 NETWORKING EVENTS designed to foster connections and friendships that continue to flourish and create positive change for years to come.
Proposals will be reviewed by faculty and industry mentors, and acceptance will be based on content, available space, and overall program balance.
A select group of delegates with exceptional proposals will receive scholarships that cover airfare, lodging, and meals during the Summit!
We encourage you to share this opportunity across your networks. If you would like to partner or sponsor a youth delegate to attend this summit we'd love to hear from you at GYANconf@msu.edu
Chinwe A Effiong, PhD
Global Youth Advancement